Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Decorated Luminaries

Tutorial time! It probably would have been more clever if I posted this on Tuesday (could have been Tutorial Tuesday!) but I was swamped studying for my final exams. In any case, I had seen pictures of these before but never found a tutorial until the other day on Small Rooms!

Burlap and Doily Luminaries

What you need:
  • Glass jars
  • Adhesive spray (like Elmer’s Craft Bond)
  • Doilies
  • Burlap
  • Twine, buttons, and/or ribbon
How to make:
  • Make sure your jars are clean and dry. Spray the jar with adhesive spray.
  • Place the doily onto the jar and position it, making sure it’s not bunched up anywhere. Press in place.
  • Spray the rim with adhesive, then wrap the jar rim with burlap.
  • You can also wrap the rim with pretty ribbon then tie a piece of twine around the rim as well.Tie them both in a bow.
And that's it! I can't wait to make some for our new apartment. ♥

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I am happy you like them! They are such a pretty addition to a room. ♥

      Delete